At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Within the Enterprise Business Services Technology (EBST) group in PVSI & Community Bank Technology (CBT), there is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java/Web Services developer who will be involved in implementing and supporting projects and enterprise releases for middleware business services. The position will be part of the development team working in several enterprise critical applications like Account Product Services (APS) and Debit Card Business Services (DCBS), to name a few. The role involves design & development of web services which interact with multiple back end systems and client applications.
The Java/Web Services Developer will responsible but limited to the following:
- Design, develop and test SOAP/RESTful Java web services in a J2EE environment
- Understand overall business function and technical architecture
- Work with other SMEs, architects, analysts and other project team members
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC including documentation, code reviews, research and support
- Lead and direct junior team members
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of JavaEE experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 7+ years of development and implementation experience with applications, databases, or a combination of both
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience supporting or directing offshore teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Agile experience
- Experience operating effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- SQL experience
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
- Knowledge and understanding of Microservices architecture, framework and design patterns
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Position Hours: Monday - Friday (as early as 7 am and as late as 6 pm ).
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.