At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
About Enterprise Information Technology (EIT)
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
Enterprise Information Technology at Wells Fargo offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. Through technology and operations services, EIT interacts with customers more than 12 billion times a year through branch, mobile, online, ATM and telephone transactions. EIT impacts customers directly through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through Wells Fargo business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers financial needs. EIT strives to be a competitive advantage for the company and effective information management is one example of where we can take our capabilities to a new level of excellence.
The EIT team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. EIT also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business (LOB) to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise.
About the Application Product Center of Excellence
The Application Product Center of Excellence is accountable for governance of the lifecycle management of over 93% of all software products installed on Wells Fargo assets (servers, desktops, mainframe, network etc.). This position will report to the Application Product Lifecycle Management Manager. This team is accountable and responsible for identifying and managing the execution of activities in support of the lifecycle management standards and policies. This includes identification and validation of patches and configuration management changes, deployment planning of patches and/or removals of products when they are not compliant or at end of life.
This Apps Systems Engineer will work as part of the Product Solution Support Management group that will be responsible for patch identification and validation of all of the products owned by the APCoE. This group consists of highly technical subject matter experts that will also develop and document packages, the deployment approach and game plans for products, product patches and upgrades as well as provide technical product support to application or execution teams as appropriate.
As an ASE5 the candidate will act as the liaison with Wells Fargo product owners and/or vendors. The person in this role will actively engage various personnel to ensure that products have an automated game plan. They will also ensure that product vulnerabilities are quickly identified, communicated to our partners, and that solutions are created and delivered in a timely manner. This role will also shape how our current and future product offerings are serviced and secured within new and emerging application environments. In addition, the position participates in Implementation Management and Vulnerability Operations teams on security and compliance related matters as they arise. Work with internal Information Security teams to identify, analyze, and share correlated and enriched threat Intel to assist incident response and threat detection, allowing faster time to action.
There are 4 positions available. We are seeking strong candidates with both Windows and Linux/Unix expertise in third party software packaging, automation, Puppet module development and vulnerability remediation experience.
- Troubleshooting complex software application issues. Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application product setup, database management, data analysis, standalone/embedded products, and third party (vendor supported) products.
- Research, define solutions, and provide remediation instructions for vulnerable products
- Provide technical support, troubleshoot, and document solutions during emergency vulnerabilities
- Maintain vulnerability solutions and remediation documentation
- Monitor various information sources to identify new cybersecurity threats and assess against our products and solutions.
- Work with Product Engineering teams to report, track and resolve security vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with various WF organizations on all manner of security and compliance related business matters
- Meet regularly with support and development teams to gather feedback and requirements
- 2+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 3+ years of Puppet experience
- 5+ years of operating systems analysis experience, operating systems engineering experience, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Splunk experience
- Ability to deliver concise, time critical information to all levels of management, technology and business teams
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years of RPM packages experience
- 6+ years of Linux experience
- Experience supporting or directing offshore teams
- Experience delivering and supporting large, highly available enterprise-level applications
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 7+ years technical experience in systems administration, networking, information security or related areas
- 5+ years’ experience packaging installers for Windows: MSI packaging
- 3+ years of build-deploy automation and configuration experience
- 1+ year experience compiling third party software from source code
- Understanding of software product functionality on servers and desktops (such as Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, Apache, etc.)
- Prior experience supporting enterprise class hardware or software solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of security principles, policies and procedures
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.