At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Location: The preferred location(s) for this job opening are as listed in the job posting (Charlotte, NC; Phoenix, AZ). However, other locations may be considered for this opportunity.
This individual will be a member of Wells Fargo’s engineering team working on the customization and deployment of a private cloud computing Infrastructure as a Service offering called Private Cloud Enablement. Will serve as a cloud development engineer for the cloud offering and will focus on all aspects of quality within the engineering organization. This will include automation of engineering processes, building an automation testing framework, measuring engineering quality improvements. Range of technologies covered include OpenStack, Puppet, Python, Jenkins, VMWare, etc. Develop and implement test tools and suites that will be used by our engineering and QA teams to help build and validate our cloud platform. Some key responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop, enhance, and maintain Celery-based Python backend application(s) according to IaaS Engineering's Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Analyze gaps in Cloud & Automation Systems (OpenStack, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc) and develop integration applications and services that can provide a bridge to Legacy Systems of Record.
- Develop Dashboards and Data API services that provide insight into infrastructure and application performance.
- Port and enhance legacy Applications to Python/Celery-based backend application(s) to meet compliance requirements.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal partners about integration with other systems within the bank.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 2 + years of cloud computing experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 4+ years of Python experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Cloud computing experience
- Agile experience
- OpenStack experience
- 2+ years of source code management experience (preferably with Git/Github)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.