We are seeking an Applications Systems Engineer 5 to join the Human Resources Systems Group for Wells Fargo & Company. You will contribute to applications used by Wells Fargo's 280,000 Team Members in 84 lines of business. This role will act as a senior lead and subject matter expert in providing application design guidance, consultation, code development, and overall implementation utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, security and existing architectural patterns. Will act as the development team lead to provide coding direction and guidance to less experienced staff and coordination within the team to vet options and determine best solutions.
- Provide consultation and guidance on requirements, design and testing efforts.
- Create Technical Design Documents.
- Develop original .NET code in support of HR .NET applications, following our existing development standards.
- Develop architectural design patterns and use modern technologies to develop and maintain application portfolio.
- Maintain and support ongoing code changes to existing applications.
- Unit test assigned development components.
- Develop new documentation, participate in the development of department technical procedures and design user guides.
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Act as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported areas, and oversee updating and testing of the business continuity plan.
- Provide off-hours production support duties as necessary.
- This role will also act as an expert for architectural, modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Partner with QA teams to oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Assist with sizing, analysis, and design of key project functionality; Identify, evaluate, and implement the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution.
- Attend key project meetings, organize and facilitate follow-up technical meetings as needed.
- Complete support documents, and associated models/diagrams as required by application development methodology, utilize SharePoint as the central document repository.
- Prepare release notes as required.
- Provide primary and/or back up support in resolving production issues, including root cause identification and resolution.
Preferred work location is Charlotte, NC.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of .net experience
- 7+ years of web applications experience
- 7+ years of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework experience
- 7+ years of relational database experience
- 5+ years of Web Services experience
- 3 + years of Entity Framework experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: documentation, critical points of performance, and load testing
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and disaster recovery procedures/solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of MS AJAX
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: impact analysis, detailed designs and unit test plans
- Experience with LDAP and Wells Fargo Channel Secure technologies.
- Experience with authorization and authentication technologies.
Arizona: Field Rep 002 in AZ - Field Rep 002, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 8740 Research Dr - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.