At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) is one of the top lead arrangers of asset-based loans in the U.S. with a large and diversified portfolio. WFCF offers traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing, purchase order financing, and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
WFCF Government Services Group specifically provides financing to companies of all sizes across the U.S. doing work for the U.S. Government.
The successful candidate for this position will have the opportunity to manage a portfolio of accounts in an asset based lending environment with borrowers in the federal government contracting industry.
The Relationship Manager will work on a team with other Relationship Managers, Collateral Analysts, Credit Analysts and reports to a Relationship Team Manager. The Relationship Manager will be primarily responsible for accurately maintaining internal client reporting requirements, monitoring client collateral and client financial viability and professionally interacting with clients and other Wells Fargo team members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Review and analyzes client financial and client credit data related to client collateral. Performs financial and credit analysis of borrower’s financial statements, business plans and financial forecasts. Work closely with other Team Members to facilitate the onboarding and closing of new clients. Fully comply with Wells Fargo policy and procedures in the reporting, approving and managing accounts in the portfolio. Daily client collateral monitoring and meeting of client’s funding requests. Review of government contracts and contract modifications to assess eligibility/credit risks to WFCF. Present comprehensive client updates at portfolio reviews. Proactively complete client write-ups that support client requests, re-structures and renewals that are approved by credit committee. Work closely with legal to generate needed legal documentation to support changes in client relationships. Build successful and long-term client relationships within the portfolio.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of account relationship experience, credit management experience, or a combination of both
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of middle market corporate finance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Prior relationship managing large and complex asset-based lending relationships.
- Previous success in maintaining high asset quality while providing exceptional customer service by meeting customer needs within acceptable lending risk parameters.
- 4+ years of commercial finance management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and analyze financial statements
- Proven ability to manage tasks in a professional manner
- Experience with financing government contractors.
- A degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics.
- Good knowledge of middle market banking products and ability to collaborate with bank partners to cross-sell.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.