BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
ASSET CONTROL MANAGER
Responsible for safety, loss prevention, receiving, and inventory control. Oversees and directs the work of Team Members in the asset protection and receiving/inventory control departments. Maintains a safe club environment by practicing theft deterrence. Manages physical and systemic receiving, processes damages and defective returns, and ensures inventory accuracy in the front and back of the club. Monitors and executes all company asset control programs. Acts as a key holder for the club and holds manager on duty responsibilities.
- Performs safety inspections. Instructs on accident prevention techniques and assists in accident investigations. Handles worker’s compensation and general liability rates.
- Develops/teaches loss prevention programs. Ensures that merchandise and fixtures are protected from theft. Investigates internal and external theft. Reports shrink results.
- Manages receiving and inventory control functions. Oversees count programs and drives operational shrink deterrence.
- Performs computer room functions, including reporting and signage. Ensures all signage is accurate.
- Processes and ensures the accuracy of damage and defective returns.
- Develops effective and productive teams in the asset protection and receiving/inventory control departments through selection, training, managing, evaluating performance, coaching, motivating and disciplining when necessary.
- Schedules Team Members in the asset protection and receiving/inventory control departments and maintains adequate staffing levels.
- Provides excellent customer service to all Members.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- High school diploma. College degree and/or 2+ years of retail and/or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and communicating results.
- Open shift availability preferred.
- Prior experience working in a big box environment.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.