Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM): Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of clients worldwide: institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Wells Capital Management is a registered investment advisor and a dedicated institutional asset manager within the WFAM umbrella. Their mission is to deliver superior investment service to our institutional clients globally.
Wells Capital Management (WellsCap) is a multi-boutique, asset management firm focused on institutional clients. Our diverse and autonomous teams provide a broad range of investment solutions across multiple asset classes and investment styles within three main categories: equity, fixed income, and quantitative.
Why multi-boutique? We believe that: independent, focused investment teams generate alpha; investment teams should focus on investing for our clients without the distractions of operating a business; and risk management oversight should be independent from our teams to ensure we consistently meet client objectives. WellsCap has $384 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2018.
Please note: Successful candidate will intern with the Heritage Growth Equity Team based in Milwaukee, WI. This is a full-time internship during the summer and it will continue part-time approximately 15 - 20 hours during the 2019 - 2020 school year.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support senior analysts and portfolio managers with a combination of organizational, analytical, and research responsibilities
- Create quarterly earnings reports and gather valuation models used in evaluating companies and industries
- Keep abreast of company/industry news flow and market conditions
- Utilized related Investment Software
- Assist the team with any marketing responsibilities which includes preparing pitch books and marketing materials
- Managing multiple tasks at one time, while remaining focused in fast paced environment
- Demonstrate superior attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Background in Finance or Accounting a plus
- Candidate must show history of achievements, success and attention to detail
- Ability to work and communicate under pressure
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office
- Willing to commit to one full year with the team
- Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status such as Optional Practical Training (OPT). Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.