Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of our clients worldwide: institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Our mission is to deliver superior investment service to our clients globally. WFAM is a trade name used by the asset management businesses of Wells Fargo & Company.
WFAM manages over $480B (including over $180B for Wells Fargo Funds) across a wide variety of equity, fixed income and multi-asset portfolios. The Portfolio Risk Management and Analytics Team (PRMA) is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the risk in investment portfolios. The processes supporting this responsibility include quantifying, decomposing, evaluating and communicating the benchmark- and peer-relative risk in representative portfolios. Additionally, the group works with senior management, portfolio management, marketing, sales and client service to solve a variety of quantitative problems, including providing quantitative research and analysis to help support and enhance existing investment processes. The tools the group employs are a combination of vended and proprietary risk models and software systems.
The Investment Portfolio Analytics Internship will work closely with teammates to review counterparties utilized for trading. The primary responsibilities associated with this role are:
- Analyze financial statements, regulatory history, and trading activity for each counterparty
- Collaborate with Wealth and Investment Management Counterparty Risk Management
- Assist with new counterparty approvals and set-up
Additionally, the person in this role may be asked to:
- Complete ad hoc research projects to support the Portfolio Risk Management and Analytics Team, portfolio management teams, or senior management
- Participate in and contribute to regular meetings to discuss the current market environment, emerging risks, and product positioning
- Bachelor's Degree in progress with expected undergraduate graduation date between June 2019 and June 2020
- Progress toward a degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience programming in Python, Perl, VBA, R, SQL or similar languages
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.