Whether you’re at the beginning of your career or looking to make your next move, you want to work for a company that values your individual talents, skills and experience. Wells Fargo was named Among the World’s 50 Most Respected Companies and the top-ranked financial services company by Barron’s magazine in 2014. Learn about the many exciting career paths and opportunities we offer.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of our clients worldwide: institutions, financial advisors, and individuals. Wells Capital Management is a registered investment advisor and a dedicated institutional asset manager within the WFAM umbrella. Our mission is to deliver superior investment service to our institutional clients globally.
We currently have an Masters Financial Engineering Intern opportunity in Wells Fargo Asset Management. We are looking for Masters Financial Engineering Interns to work during the school year and in the summer.
Responsibilities could include the following:
- data download and analysis
- quantitative research across a wide array of asset classes
- trading model development
- prepare presentation materials
Other Desired Qualifications
- Talented, highly motivated student in a Master of Financial Engineering/Mathematics program in New York city
- Demonstrated significant academic achievement, intellectual curiosity and an interest in financial services
- Programming language: Python preferred; Matlab and/or R
- Software: Prior experience with Bloomberg data download, DataStream, Factset and the like a plus; Excel, Powerpoint
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.