External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY
Our Assistant Buyers provide administrative support to our assigned Buyer/Buyers. They work closely with Buyers assisting with assortment planning, advertising and e-commerce processes. Candidates will need to be familiar with analyzing business and merchandising trends, and be able to resolve issues or problems encountered and ensure that the business operates in a smooth, timely and professional manner. Successful candidate will administer all procedures involved with advertising and new vendor/item set-ups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Product Selection/Assortment Planning
• Assist the Category Manager in developing appropriate merchandise assortmentsand identify key item drivers
• Utilize input and direction from format teams to meet customer expectationsthrough the assortment, marketing, regionalization and localization
• Maintain knowledge of and react to industry and competitor merchandise trendsfor assigned business areas
• Analyze business and merchandising trends and uses information to recommendassortment updates
• Assist the Category Manager in developing and presenting seasonal businessplans
• Assist the Category Manager in establishing promotional and pricingstrategies to achieve sales plan
• Partner with the inventory management team to ensure customer availabilityand profitable inventory levels
• Participate in forecasting process based on current trends and knowledge offuture events
• Work with Space Planning to assist the Category Manager in developing acompelling merchandise presentation
Supports Advertising and Ecommerce Processes
• Assist the Category Manager in developing and executing marketing andecommerce strategy
• Monitor promotion and ecommerce performance
• Recommend vendors for commerce hub and works with Ecommerce team tomanage drop-ship business
• Manage daily communication with vendor and business partners
• Negotiate vendor coop support as appropriate
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE& SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Retail Merchandising, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of two years professional work experience
• Experience working in a retail setting
• A passion for product, merchandising, trend and innovation
• Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
• The ability to quickly adapt and change course as needed in a fast paced environment
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express. At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.