Hudson Group is North America's largest specialty travel retailer. For 30 years Hudson Group has led the way and prides itself in knowing what matters in travel retail. As airports and transportation terminals have evolved, so has Hudson Group, striving to bring sophistication and convenience to today's traveler.
The Assistant Buyer provides operational support to the Buyers and assists the buyers with developing National business strategies to maximize sales and profits for the electronics department in the newsstands and specialty stores. As the assistant buyer you will assists the buyer in the selection and procurement of merchandise to achieve company goals. This includes interaction with vendors in terms of information gathering, problem resolution and purchasing of product, managing the purchase order cycle (ex: writing the order, tracking the key orders from shipment to the stores) through to analyzing its performance.
- Performs the administrative and operational functions supporting designated buyer(s) (Responsible for Purchase Order Management and administration including item file set up, order writing, changes and cancellations and any necessary follow up ( internally and vendor ) to ensure shipments are delivered and processed)
- Responsible for setting up new vendors and ensuring all paperwork is completed
- Work closely with vendors, maintaining positive relationships while negotiating specs, pricing, & meeting program deadlines.
- Prepare cost analysis and competitive retail strategies (contests, programs, promotions, etc.)
- Monitor inventory – work with BA to coordinate transfers to reduce inventory
- Compare vendors – research market trends & perform cost-benefit analysis for potential vendors
- Work with locations on merchandising strategies and provide necessary support
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of the buying function including merchandise selection, negotiation, pricing, and store merchandising.
- Participate in vendor meetings
- Demonstrates product knowledge through sharing information with buyer as a result of competitive shopping in the market. Utilizes product knowledge to take the initiative to suggest new resources and creative methods of sourcing/displaying product.
- Heavy communication with stores and vendors
- Travel to new store openings, store visits, store “re-dos” vendors meetings, trade shows, etc.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Candidates for this position must be able to multi-task and have strong attention to detail
- Must be articulate, assertive and have excellent communication skills ( both written and oral)
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work effectively with high sense of urgency
- Strong math skills; ability to analyze sales and product statistics to support effective merchandising decisions
- OTB Experience a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Electronics background preferred
- Strong computer skills; MS Excel and MS Word experience desired
Hudson Group is always on the lookout for top quality people who want to be a part of a winning retail team. With many stores and concepts across the country and throughout the world, we have the ability to help you find the job that is right for you. We recognize that our employees are a driving force behind our success! Our dedicated team enjoys an exciting and friendly environment!
We invite you to learn more about our …
- Competitive Salaries,
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance,
- Company Paid Life Insurance,
- Paid Vacation,
- Paid Sick Time,
- Employee Recognition Programs,
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities,
- On-going Training & Development.
The job that’s right for you!