The Assistant Buyer is responsible for managing the daily operation of the department including but not limited to: planning, forecasting, developing and coordinating all information related to advertising. The Assistant Buyer is responsible for, in partnership with the Buyer, developing and driving business strategies that meet or exceed the department's financial goals. The Assistant Buyer will provide information and ideas to develop assortments, key items, promotional strategies, growth opportunities and store assortments that are viable while providing an exciting in-store customer experience. The Assistant Buyer communicates with vendors and agents and serves as the key department contact for all stores.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advertising, Marketing, Visual and ECOM support, responsible for generating and maintaining content sheets, product turnover, ad comp document, promotional signage for the stores, packaging, hangtags and accurately entering the promotions into the system.
- Review and proof all in store schematics, signage and all advertising vehicles, i.e. tabloids, emails.
- Generate and maintain all SKU set up information in Genesis and AS400 system.
- Create and maintain the department and ECOM line list.
- Generate Monday weekly reports, analyze sales information and provide detailed and actionable comments to buyer and division.
- Sample management: tracking, unpacking and organizing new samples and purging discontinued samples.
- Complete and maintain all merchandising photos, presentation boards and product information sheets.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate information to cross functional partners, Planning, ECOM, QA, Marketing, Visual, Stores and Customer Service.
- Partner with Buyer to identify and develop new product for upcoming season; assist Buyer with all tasks that are involved with the product development calendar.
- Assist in planning merchandise promotions and financial markdowns.
- Understand the competitive environment. Proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to the competition and communication with vendor community.
- May have direct buying responsibility for one or more merchandise categories.
- Present and participate in product review and trend meetings.
- Initiate claims and follow through monthly to resolve outstanding issues.
- Special projects as assigned may include assisting other departments or buyers.
- Communicate with internal and external partners with prompt, clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Function as back-up to the Buyer when he or she is out of the office.
- BA/BS degree or commensurate work experience required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as an Assistant Buyer with a multi-unit retailer.
- Demonstrates flexibility, initiative and the ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced, resulted driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, analytical, problem solving and time management skills to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and an ability to detect inconsistencies in data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite tools including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, V-Lookup.
- Strong business math skills, understanding of the financial components and how they relate to the overall business.
- Light lifting a requirement for the job.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.