The Assistant Buyer, Wall Art supports the Buyer, Art & Mirrors and Associate Buyers with executing business strategies designed to maximize sales and margins. They work closely with members of the Buying, Planning, Merchandising, Retail, Marketing, Ecommerce, and Creative teams to successfully execute business strategies for specified product categories.
- Assist in all administrative functions that support the category assortment strategies created to drive sales and margin targets.
- Work under the supervision of the Buyer and in collaboration with the Associate Buyer.
- Develop a working knowledge of Buying functions including: sourcing and developing an assortment, vendor management, sales analysis and product exposure strategies across all channels.
- Strong collaboration with cross-functional partners including: Planning, Digital and Visual Merchandising, Marketing and Creative, Ecommerce and Operations.
- Build, foster and manage vendor relationships throughout the vendor lifecycle, including facilitating onboarding, optimization and compliance.
- Understand the competition and product trends in the marketplace.
- Participate in securing a regular flow of new products that fill white space and tie back to the seasonal trends.
- Responsible for sku ingestion, sku attribution and maintenance for a designated category.
- Pull category/vendor analysis and contribute to identifying takeaways and action steps.
- Assist in the planning and execution of promotional value messages.
- Support category team in the ideation and execution of Branded and Single Cat stories onsite.
- Initiate the sample ordering process with Sample Logistics team.
- Bachelors degree in art history or related field
- Prior experience working in a gallery, auction house, or museum
- 1+ years of retail merchandising or buying experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, operate independently, and deliver high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Retail math skills; ability to analyze sales and product statistics and apply learnings to support effective decisions.
- Must possess precise attention to detail
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work effectively with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be able to build effective working relationships with vendors and colleagues.
- Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be articulate, assertive and have excellent communication skills.
- Occasional travel required
- Passionate about brands and products
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.