Scrubs & Beyond is looking for an Assistant Buyer in St. Louis, Missouri!
"We are inspired every day by the dedicated professionals we serve. Your work is why we’re here and we offer sincere thanks." Karla Bakersmith | President & Founder
What began as a two-person staff in a small office has grown into the nation's largest multi-channel supplier of healthcare apparel and accessories. Scrubs & Beyond was truly "inspired by the caregiver." Great pride is taken in our company's purpose to provide the best apparel and accessories to our outstanding healthcare professionals. Scrubs & Beyond has some of the best benefits in the industry.
Eligible employees receive competitive pay, generous employee discounts, 401(k) with company match, comprehensive health insurance, paid vacation and personal time off.
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Buyer is responsible, in partnership with the buyer, for development and support of product strategies that drive sales and profitability. As a member of the merchandising team you will be responsible for reporting, analyzing data, assistance in merchandise assortment and planning, as well as the communication of merchandising related topics to cross functional partners throughout the organization.
Essential Job Duties
- Prepare and review daily/weekly/monthly reporting and assist buyer(s) in analyzing performance
- Spearhead Weekly Replenishment process
- Allocate fashion and limited edition product orders
- Partner with buyer(s) in fine tuning assortments at the door level to maximize sales and profits
- Initiate transfers as required
- Lead communication to the store team about upcoming business strategies and opportunities
- Communicate regularly with internal and external partners regarding business needs
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness
To execute the job duties of our Assistant Buyer you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in business, merchandising or related field
- 1+ years of retail experience is a plus
- This job is primarily sedentary work. Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 90% of the time.
- Occasionally move about the office.
- Manual dexterity to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Constant close visual acuity to view a computer screen.
- Auditory acuity to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Constant communication to exchange accurate information
- Must be able to work under stress
The physical demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.