Christmas Tree Shops andThat! is growing and so is our need for talented Assistant Buyers. We offer a distinctive, fast paced and dynamic retail environment where you can truly make a difference and have a very real opportunity to grow your career! If you are looking for a retail growth company that values both its people and its customers, and has a winning track record, and even brighter future, your search is over! You’ve discovered Christmas Tree Shops andThat!
- Work under the direct supervision of the Buyer or Associate Buyer.
- Responsible for providing support to members of the Buying Staff.
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of the buying function including merchandise selection, negotiating, pricing, and planning and marketing merchandise.
- Assist in all administrative functions to support the Buyers.
- Communicate with Product Development, Marketing Department, Stores and vendors to provide information and problem solve.
- Assist in planning/coordination of availability of products for advertising and promotion.
- Assist the Buyer in assortment and category planning.
- Travel to store locations to review product mix, gather feedback, and share information with the buying team.
- Occasional market travel: visiting vendors, attending trade shows, etc
- Bachelor's degree in retail, fashion or marketing preferred.
- Prior experience as a Buyer or Assistant Buyer with a specialty, discount or department store retailer.
- Must be articulate, assertive and have excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work effectively with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong math skills; ability to analyze sales and product statistics to support effective merchandising decisions.
- Must be able to build effective working relationships with vendors and colleagues.
- Strong computer skills; MS Excel and MS Word experience desired.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.