We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Buyer to join our Vaughan Buying office team to support all Canada Concepts.
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for building differentiated assortments through product selection and development to meet sales and profit objectives. The assistant buyer will help develop Canadian based relationships with vendors to provide differentiation to the Canadian market. This includes building relationships with US counterparts, category buyers, branded vendors through line reviews, as well as product development.
We are seeking an open minded, self-motivated, passionate trend merchant with a strong understanding of developing assortments and vendor relationships. The ideal candidate has the ability to create a vision, through the combination of analysis and trend forecasting, to build compelling and differentiated product offerings to meet our customer's needs.
• Assist with defining market opportunities and identify emerging trends
• Develop business strategies outlining strengths, weaknesses, new opportunities and risks.
• Build and maintain a strong relationship with vendors, as well as seek out new suppliers when required
• Support vendor performance by partnering with the Supply Chain team to maximize profitability and achieve financial objectives
• Negotiating with vendors on availability, product specs, distribution, delivery deadlines and price is a fundamental aspect of the job geared towards maximizing the company's profits and surpassing margin goals
• Executing department direction and priorities. Communicate effectively to merchant team and field organization
• Communicate with Product Development, Marketing Department, Stores and vendors to provide information and problem solve.
• Develop partnerships with internal groups such as packaging, visual and eCommerce.
• Partner with buyers, analysts and planners to drive sales and dominate marketplace.
• Be the expert in assigned categories as it relates to the assortment – product transitions, assortment, timing, exit strategies, communicate product training opportunities and review space challenges.
• Assist with managing the space of assigned categories - ensure business rules are being followed
• Perform market analysis, competitive shop and analyze sales trends.
• Travel to store locations to review product mix, obtain feedback, and share information; shop the competition regularly to identify opportunities, brand, trends and price/value offerings.
• Open to feedback from stores to improve product and add to collections.
• Investigate and respond to field issues. Coordinate communication strategies with field organization.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.