Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Primary responsibility is to ensure that all trucks, backstock from trucks, displays, etc. are stocked properly and efficiently throughout the entire store.
· Serves as the primary supervisor of the stock crews on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
o Stocks trucks along with the crews on all shifts and ensures proper conditions are maintained at all times.
· Assist the Inventory Manager as directed and on days off with managing all ordering processes for all CAO orders
o Reviews System generated Exceptions
o Checks all lows and outs
o Manages Displays
· Assists the Inventory Manager as directed and on days off with analyzing all backstock from all CAO orders
· Assists the Inventory Manager as directed and on days off with reviewing/editing all DSD CAO orders
· Builds weekly displays per the Display map and plan provided by Inventory manager. Assists with the planning process as directed
· Leads the non-perishable inventory preparation and is the primary personnel in charge of store preparation, backstock counting, and blocking
· Assists Inventory manager with comparing the current store inventory to system maintained Balance on Hand as directed.
· Creates necessary picklist and ensures that all merchandise in the building is replenished properly and available for sale to the consumer
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Collects and researches data as directed by the inventory manager; Designs work flows and procedures to ensure that all stockers are productive and that all tasks are completed on time.
· Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Tasks Management - Communicates changes and progress; Complete all tasks on time and under budget; Manages daily stock team activities.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service - Initiate interaction with customers on the sales floor. Assist customers with their shopping needs. Never be rude or indifferent to any customer. Follow through on customer request and if necessary, involve the manager on duty. Acknowledge customers in a genuine, clear and enthusiastic manner.
· Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Respond well to questions.
· Team Work - Balances stock team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of stock team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
· Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
· Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
· Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
· Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism.
· Managing People - Includes crew in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
· Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Strategic Thinking - Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
· Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three years related non-perishable stocking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Will be required to write simple correspondence, and must be able to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SoftGrocer inventory software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
Directly supervises 6 to 10 employees in the Non-perishables departments. Conduct supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.