Job ID 43525
Position Location US-FL-Orlando
Facility Name Rio Pinar Health Care
Job Category NHA/Executive Director
Position Status FT (Full Time)
*Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
Purpose of Your Job Position
The Assistant Executive Director is responsible for providing assistance to the Executive Director in the management of the facility in a manner which exemplifies Consulate Health Care’s standard of operational excellence, to include but not limited to creating an environment in which employees demonstrate Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for one another and everyone they come into contact with, and business practices are conducted with Passion. The primary purpose of the Assistant Executive Director is to direct the day-to-day functions of their areas of responsibility in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern nursing facilities to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times and to assist the Executive Director in these areas for the entire facility.You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Assistant Executive Director, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for assisting the Executive Director in day-to-day clinical and administrative activities of the facility, including profit and loss responsibility and ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations. May supervise Director of Admission, Director of Therapeutic Recreational Services, Director of Hospitality Services, and Director of Dining Services. You will also provide leadership to all facility staff in meeting the goal of providing quality resident care. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description at anytime. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the philosophy, mission, and objective of Consulate Health Care within and to customers outside the facility.
- Assist Executive Director with establishing financial and programmatic goals for the facility and conduct an annual evaluation of goal achievement.
- Provide input into the annual operating budget.
- Monitor Monthly performance of areas of responsibility in relation to the budget and intervene as needed.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring and orientation/training for a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out facility programs and services.
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of governing board policies and procedures.
- Schedule regular meeting with direct report staff to provide supervision, ensure communication and to monitor facility operations.
- Conduct and document annual performance evaluations on each direct report staff.
- In conjunction with executive Director, maintain and guide the implementation of facility policies and procedures in compliance with corporate, state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare and submit reports on facility operation, as required.
- Support and guide the facility’s quality improvement process in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Work closely with sales/marketing staff to set strategies for promotion and expansion of the facility’s programs/services within the community.
- Ensure a safe, clean and comfortable environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Attend and/or conduct facility meetings, as required, to carry out responsibilities.
- Attend corporate management meetings, as required.
- Ensure adequate preparation for, and participate in, regulatory compliance surveys.
- Maintain effective relationships and open communication with residents, families, staff, contractors and the outside community.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to responsibilities.
- Ensure the Consulate Health Care vision, mission and core values are evident in the facility.
- Satisfaction surveys indicate that residents, visitors, families and employees are treated with respect and compassion
- Satisfaction surveys, turnover, and key indicator reports indicate that the Assistant Executive Director demonstrates a passion for caring towards employees, residents, families, visitors and the community at large
- Assist Executive Director in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of in which employees demonstrate respect warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility
- Ensure that residents, visitors and employees are treated with respect and compassion as evidenced by satisfaction surveys
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Attend to overall operation of the facility in absence of Executive Director
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in healthcare. Advanced degree in a healthcare related field preferred.
Must possess a current, unencumbered Nursing Home Executive Director’s (Administrator) license of this State.
Must possess demonstrated skills related to management, planning, budgeting, marketing and quality improvement.
- Must possess the ability and desire to embrace Consulate Health Care’s vision, mission and 5 core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion. Must have the ability to incorporate them into the management of self, employees, and facilities.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills related to management, planning, budgeting, marketing and quality improvement.
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of OBRA regulations, the survey process, survey tag numbers, and quality measures.
- Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations and nursing practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to nursing facility administration.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines governing personnel administration.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as must be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors, based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must be able to maintain good personnel relations and employee morale.
- Must be able to read and interpret financial records, reports, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc., to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and government agencies/personnel.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and its premises.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions/circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- May be involved in community/civic health matters/projects.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day, as well as reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department personnel.
- Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support personnel, etc., to ensure that the residents’ needs are continually met.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients