First Student is now hiring an Assistant Fleet Maintenance Manager at our Springfield, MA location!
Automotive, truck fleet OR dealership maintenance experience considered!
Why pick First Student? We are proud to offer the following:
- Salary based on experience & qualifications
- ASE certification bonuses
- Growth potential - Advance your career nationwide with First Student, Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions!
- Ongoing cutting-edge training
Assistant Shop Manager Major Job Duties:
- Schedule and supervise all shop activities to ensure maximum productivity through fleet maintenance system
- Participates in setting shop budget and conducts monthly reviews with Location Manager to ensure goals are being met and discuss variances to plan.
- Ensure branch fleet is maintained to government and company requirements
- Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe and environmentally sound manner
- Oversee the performance of Brake, Safety and PM inspections
- Submit reports to Shop Manager
- Participate in company provided educational programs to ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental regulations
Assistant Shop Manager Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous hands-on vehicle maintenance and repair experience
- 3+ years of supervisory or fleet management experience helpful
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance systems
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Must be willing to obtain ASE certifications (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Subject to a background check and drug test
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer