Job Purpose: Responsible for all transportation activities, including the dispatching of vehicles on schedule, the oversight of the vehicles and Operators while in service, and processing and verifying operations payroll.
- Coordinates the dispatching, in service monitoring and turn-in activities involved in daily paratransit operations.
- Works with the Maintenance Manger to insure that vehicles dispatched are in proper working conditions.
- Prepares and verifies operations payroll.
- Develops manpower requirements for Road Supervisors, Dispatchers, Operators and Service Personnel.
- Coordinates operations personnel selection, recruitment and training with the Safety Manager.
- Assists in developing procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road Supervisors, Operators and Service personnel.
- Insures accurate and timely collection and reporting of fare box revenue.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Included in the evaluation of activities are the following: Vehicle on time statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work hours, total pay hours, customer compliant data, accident data, road call data, other operations related functions.
- Recommends and disciplines operations, personnel.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum five (5) years of public paratransit experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Must have knowledge of paratransit operations, maintenance, and administration.
- Strong working knowledge of Trapeze.
- Must have knowledge of Federal paratransit Administration (FTA) requirements and guidelines.
- Must have good communication skills.