At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy
and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as
our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
- Assist in the daily management of the department operation including supervision, production and staff development.Assist in the development and implementation of short and long-term planning of goals, metrics, staff development/motivation and process efficiencies/improvement.Primary responsibility for the contracts assigned to ensure the department is meeting contract requirements, staying current with process additions/changes.
- Maintain contract expertise and oversight for compliance and standards of productivity for respective contract assignments. Serve as point of contact for contract meetings, development, and process improvements. Develop and implement operating policies, procedures and standards.
- Oversee the hiring process for all positions assigned including the requisition request, interview process, collaboration with HC and Temporary Agencies for candidate planning and staff budgeting.
- Actively manage projects and process improvement initiatives to ensure opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiency in the call center.
- Manage Quality staff to ensure agents are consistently monitored and accurately scored and calls are calibrated regularly. Also ensure quality work checks are performed and the monitoring program is reviewed regularly for accuracy and adjustments as necessary. Direct the workflow for the administration of reporting and monitoring activity for compliance.
- Manage supervisory staff to ensure individual employee performance in meeting goals and providing direction for performance improvement and coaching. Provide direction and guidance for staff development, motivation and career development.
- Manage Administrative staff to ensure that productivity and quality performance standards are met.
- Set goals and determine metrics for staff to meet productivity and quality standards and assist with incentive planning.
- Work with training staff to ensure training needs meet and exceed performance expectations. Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for training planning as required.
- Perform a strategic role in new contract planning and implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Healthcare, Business, or other related field or equivalent combination of education, experience and / or applicable military experience will be considered
- 5+ years of supervisory or leadership experience in a customer service environment (2 of the 5 must be in a call center environment)
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (ability to create, edit, and save)
- Working knowledge of ACD, Workforce Managent and Quality Monitoring systems
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency Equip Form SF86
- MedNet proficiency
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Prior military experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with staff and employees at all levels within the company
- Ability to recognize individual strengths and weaknesses while adapting training needs to fit individual requirements
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Assistant Manager, La Crosse, WI