The Assistant Roadmaster inspects and monitors functions of railroad track and structures to assure compliance with Federal safety and health regulations among railroads, railroad employees, and contractors to railroads within an assigned geographical territory. Directly supervises foreman and/or indirectly supervises employees in the Maintenance of Way department planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Inspect railroad track structure for compliance with railroad policy and federal/state regulations.
- Detect deviations from the federal/state regulations.
- Implement remedial action on defects pending repair.
- Repair or direct crews to repair or replace track structure defects.
- Oversee/direct production gang work.
- Inspect completed work to verify conformance to government regulations.
- Prepare inspection reports for management and government compliance.
- Knowledge and application of applicable rules, regulations, and policies or the ability to learn.
- Perform special inspections of the track structure in times of severe weather or other events which may damage the railroad.
- Perform other tasks necessary to the efficient operation of the railroad.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the FRA Track Safety Standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Roadway Worker Protection rules.
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions and temperatures.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules and work assignments and to travel to other parts of the railroad as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 -3 years related work experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be willing to obtain Commercial Driver’s License if necessary; CDL preferred.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Monitcello, Arkansas, United States