Directly supervises foreman and/or indirectly supervises employees in the Maintenance of Way Department. Responsible for the oversight of both the maintenance and repair activities surrounding the M/W functions. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead, direct and manage the day-to-day activities of the Region's M/W Department
- Responsible for the hourly technical craft employees as well as all supervisors in the M/W Department
- Interfaces with other departments to ensure efficient and organized operations of the railroad
- Responsible for enforcing compliance with safety procedures; use of PPE keeping required records
- Monitor and closely control all maintenance and other related costs associated with the Department
- Manage and ensure Department meets its track, signal and capital projects service goals
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Education Required: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- Education Preferred: Associate's Degree
- Related Experience Required: 3 years related experience in the rail industry
- Related Experience Preferred: 5 years related experience in the rail industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
N. Little Rock, Arkansas, United States