"Often times, people think that all retail positions are the same... and for the most part, they may be right! But when it comes to the merchandise we sell, the people that work for us and the scheduling flexibility we offer, we are definitely different!
Our stores are very entrepreneurial and we have a unique approach to customer service, we are TRULY a retail phenomenon. As an Assistant Store Manager, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers’ evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Assistant Store Manager plays a key supporting role to the Store Manager and is integral to the overall development and success of the business. Assistant Store Managers are immersed in all aspects of business operations and they operate with a high degree of autonomy to make decisions that drive sales and service in an environment that where safety is a value and team development is a priority.
• Manage activities and the achievement of sales and customer service goals for the store or a major product or operational category within the store
• Create scheduling for store associates and collaborates with manager to execute store plans and priorities
• Troubleshoot and resolve routine operational issues independently and collaborates with manger on more complex issues
• Forecast, budget, and plan for area of responsibility to ensure the store meets business goals
• Manage and approve merchandise processing and procedures
• Perform hiring, disciplinary, training, performance manaement, employee relations and termination activities in collaboration with manager and participates in Human Resources investigations as required
• High School diploma or equivalent desired
• 6-7 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.