This position manages retail store operations, assigned associates, cash management, inventory control, loss prevention, safety, and store appearance.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Ensures daily work orders are set up, and vehicles are loaded, checked, and in transit in a timely manner
- Ensures check-in/check-out procedures are met and technicians do call-aheads
- Maintains all aspects of inventory
- Implements/enforces company policies/procedures in absence of the Store Manager
- Motivates and directs activities of associates, ensuring the highest possible productivity and world class customer service
- Manages work order assignments and routing of mobile jobs
- Ensures key associates are appropriately cross-trained in day-to-day operations
- Trains Technicians, Mobile Pro's, and Repair Medics on installation techniques and procedures, as well as the Glass Technology System
- Monitors productivity to ensure time and quality standards are met
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies
- Ensures all work orders are properly accounted for and converted to invoices
- Ensures the shop and equipment is maintained and clean
- Trains associates on proper vehicle and equipment maintenance and required record keeping
- Provides world class customer service by respond quickly to client complaints/warranty issues
- Invoices work orders, enter parts into the system, and orders supplies
- Processes casualty losses/repair damages
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Three to five years directly related experience, with at least one year in a supervisory position preferred.
- Knowledge of installation and repair techniques, auto glass industry, and retail sales practices and procedures
- Knowledge of basic human resource management practices, basic management practices and processes, inventory practices and procedures, dispatching practices, applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and Safelite Group policies and procedures.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities while upholding Safelite Group values and ethics, make effective decisions and judgments, foster a cooperative work environment, and work independently demonstrating initiative
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and tasks, develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships, analyze situations and determine appropriate responses and solutions, and apply management principles
- Ability to perform manual labor, such as lifting and moving glass, maintain confidentiality, maintain accurate and complete records, train others on processes and procedures, and operate a personal computer and job related software
- Ability to deal effectively with others, identify problems, and recommend and implement viable solutions.
- Skill in verbal and written communications, training and development, and effective listening
- Skill in operating general office equipment, planning scheduling and organizing work, and performing basic mathematical calculations
- Skill in demonstrating and performing job tasks of direct reports and efficient use of computers and software programs.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.