buybuyBABY is seeking passionate, energized, customer service focused people who thrive on a fast pace, enjoy working in a team environment, and take pride in making every customer experience remarkable.
buybuyBABY offers: Flexible Hours that work around your busy life, Employee Discounts across all Bed Bath and Beyond brands, and a comprehensive training program that is a recipe for your success!
As an Assistant Store Manager you will be immersed in all aspects of running a store. In this role you will work closely with the Store Manager to prepare you for a future role as a key holding member of the management team. As an Assistant Store Manager you are responsible for all aspects of running a department on the sales floor including merchandising, operations and managing associates while meeting sales and productivity goals.
• Manage activities and the achievement of sales and customer service goals for the store or a major product or operational category within the store
• Create scheduling for store associates within your area and collaborate with manager to execute store plans and priorities
• Troubleshoot and resolve routine operational issues independently and collaborate with manger on more complex issues
• Forecast, budget, and plan for area of responsibility to ensure the store meets business goals
• Manage and approve merchandise processing and procedures
• Perform hiring, disciplinary, training, performance management, employee relations and termination activities in collaboration with manager and participates in Human Resources investigations as required
• High School diploma or equivalent desired
• 6-7 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.