Now Hiring Assistant Transportation Manager/Safety Manager
At First Student, our Assistant Transportation Managers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Assistant Transportation Manager is responsible for assisting the Contractual Manager in supervising daily operations, monitoring performance, identifying safety issues, and resolving conflicts.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Assistant Transportation Manager/Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensures home to school routes are covered in a timely and efficient manner
- Interfaces with drivers regarding concerns and performance issues
- Investigates client complaints and coordinates resolutions
- Ensures achievement of on time performance goals
- Monitors driver safety and makes Injury Prevention (IP) contacts with drivers to identify and resolve safety issues
- Assist Contractual Manager with review and resolution of union grievances
- Ensures dispatch staff assigns spare drivers and buses as required to provide on-time coverage of routes
- Audits and corrects athletic trip invoices based on company guidelines
Assistant Transportation Manager/Safety Manager Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or University or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in transportation
- 2-3 years supervisory experience
- Experience with safety, operations, finance, labor, and HR is highly recommended
- Computer literacy skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong focus on customer/client services
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanic processes and maintenance
- Good verbal, written, and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials, and general public.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends
- Possess working vehicle to travel within service area as needed
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.