If the thought of making an impact on the lives of individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities and those on the Autism Spectrum brings a smile to your face, then make a meaningful career choice and become our next Assistant Vocational Coordinator. Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health touches the lives of nearly 400 children, adolescents, adults, and their families with special needs, from outside the New York skyline to the Southern New Jersey shoreline. Individuals with emotional, behavioral, and developmental disabilities are served via a broad spectrum of treatment settings including community-based homes and apartments, vocational training programs, family care homes, and consulting services.
As an Assistant Vocational Coordinator you will Inspire hope and Empower lives by:
- Assisting in overseeing daily operation of vocational programs, ensuring compliance with guidelines established by regulatory agencies and Center management
- Ensuring completion of documentation and duties of Employment Training Specialists and Vocational Aides.
- Assisting in creating flexible operation procedures to facilitate economical and effective use of time and resources.
- Scheduling assignments of Employment Training Specialists and vocational aides to ensure daily ratio compliance.
- Participating in personnel processes including the orientation of new Employee. Assesses employee job performance, conducts staff meetings, and provides supervision to vocational staff.
- Researching community businesses and industry, initiates contacts to promote program goals and production capabilities, secures contracts, and monitors production to ensure that contract work is completed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed upon specifications.
- Monitoring appropriateness of programs in meeting the vocational, emotional, social, clinical, and physical needs of assigned individuals.
- Ensuring that individuals are paid in accordance with federal, state and local wage laws.
An Assistant Vocational Coordinator role with Devereux will offer you:
- Internal training in the behavioral healthcare field on Safe and Positive Approaches and New Directions annually
- Training for all DDD pre-certs including CPR, First Aid, Overview of Developmental Disabilities, Preventing Abuse and Neglect, and Medication Administration needed.
- Additional job related trainings and conferences and opportunities for education development
- Stability within an organization that has been providing services for over 100 years
- Hands on experience assisting in the running and oversight of a vocational program for DDD consumers
- Opportunity for internal growth and development including higher level management roles.
- 90 day and annual evaluation of performances with ongoing coaching conversations.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click here to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: Assistant Vocational Coordinator, Vocational, DDD, Vocational Manager, Developmentally Disabled, Autism, Community Based Residential Treatment
The accomplished individual will possess:
- Associate’ s degree or higher in Human Services, Sociology, Special Education, Counseling or Psychology and two (2) years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities in an educational/vocational setting OR
- High School Diploma and three (3) years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities in an educational/vocational setting.
- Have a clear understanding of the demands and expectations in business and industry.
- Knowledge of DDD Vocational licensing regulations.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines, ability to prioritize, multi-task and flexibility.
- Previous experience and knowledge of monitoring and managing fiscal responsibilities of a vocational or residential setting.
- Experience with DDD licensing site visits preferred.