- Responsible to assess and determine the patient’s specific assistive technology equipment (e.g., custom wheelchairs and seating systems, ambulatory aids, etc.) needs in conjunction with clinical documentation and medical prescription.
- Responsible for assembly of assistive technology equipment based on patient specifications
- Responsible for timely delivery and proper set-up of assistive technology equipment
- Responsible for training the patient, caregiver and / or clinical staff on the safe use and care of the equipment
- Responsible for properly completing all required documentation for each patient’s assessment, order and delivery
- Responsible for adjustment and repairs to assistive technology equipment and products
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service via telephone or in person
- High school diploma and / or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in patient assistive technology equipment evaluations and assembly, repair, adjustment, delivery and training of assistive technology equipment and products
- Must have ATP license or must obtain ATP license within 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of physiology and anatomy, progressive disease and / or conditions that cause physical limitations
- Knowledge and basic ability to perform mat assessments on a patient in coordination with clinical staff
- Knowledge of electronics in order to troubleshoot and program power mobility products
- Must have basic knowledge of mechanical assembly, repair and adjustment of assistive technology equipment (e.g., custom wheelchairs and seating systems, ambulatory aids, etc.).
- Will be required to attend seminars to learn and enhance knowledge of assistive technology equipment and products
- Will be required to complete CEU’s to maintain ATP license in active status
- This position requires local travel within Las Vegas / Clark County (company van, gas card and cell phone provided)
- Mechanical ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Assistive Technology Professional (ATP), UHG, SWM, Optumcare, patient, evaluations, mobility, and assembly, Las Vegas, NV