- BS Degree required Advanced degree preferred (Health Administration, Communications, Science, Business, etc.)
- 5 or more years leadership experience in a health care setting- preferably in a managed care organization or provider practice
- 2+ years of HEDIS, Stars and / or Risk Adjustment experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and strong Excel and analytical skills
- Strong relationship building skills with clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Demonstrated success, with a deep understanding of Health Care delivery operations and compliance, health care financing and industry trends
- Strong negotiation skills; the ability to gain acceptance from others of a plan or idea and to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proven record of strong strategic thinking capabilities
- Certified Risk Coder(CRC)
- Certified Professional Coder(CPC)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Managed Care, Healthcare, Medicare Stars, Risk Adjustment, provider network management, project management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, New Jersey