Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role will help shape and execute the Human Capital and talent strategies for a client group part of the Optum’s Software Development & Support Services Division. This role will work with a number of leaders who are responsible for legacy systems today, who are driving transformation to use modern technology and engineering focus to produce faster solutions for our biggest customer, UHC. The Human Capital team’s partnership with SD&SS leaders to drive transformation provides a great opportunity for an experience human capital professional to contribute across a broad range of priorities, including culture building, leadership capability, broadly defined organization design, recruiting at scale, engagement, development and retention.
- Contributes to business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organization development and other Human Resources specific or business initiatives for a defined business or operational area
- Strategic and Organization Consulting: Consults on people matters relating to the formulation of the operational area's Human Capital strategy and plan along with the organizational requirements to execute that strategy and plan
- Workforce Planning: Conducts in-depth supply and demand analyses of the current and future people and skills needs of the organization and develop strategies and plans to meet those needs. Aids in defining talent management, recruiting strategy and execution, and talent retention plans and MBOs. Provides managers with human capital analytics and assists them with using this information
- Culture, Vision and Values: Facilitates the definition and communication of the organization culture, visions and values which to guides the decisions and actions of the managers and employees of the organization. Acts as a change agent to the business and designs processes and approaches, which prepare employees for ongoing change and transformation
- Leadership and Key Talent Development, Retention and Acquisition: Creates processes and experiences that grow the capacity of the organization's key people resources which include key talent identification, planning, development and recruitment. Encourages building strength through diversity. Designs and implements retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization. Maximizes the enterprise-wide compensation, reward and recognition programs and develops additional initiatives which will support the goals of the business segment
- Employee Involvement and Engagement: Identifies through elements of the work environment strategies to increase productivity, employee performance, and employee satisfaction and design metrics to track the effectiveness of these initiatives. Creates processes and solutions in partnership with management which support a positive employee relations environment through effective communications, policies and practices
- Organizational Change and Integration: Collaborates with leadership to evolve organization design in response to changing needs, threats and opportunities
- Other Responsibilities: Develops the strategic Human Capital Plan, which aligns with the overall segment Human Capital Plan. Provides organization consulting on key people strategies in support of the business segment objectives. Initiates key talent development, sourcing and deployment strategies, which may apply segment-wide or enterprise-wide
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- 8+ years of Human Resources generalist experience with expertise in all Human Resources functional areas with a strong emphasis in organization development / effectiveness and leadership development
- Experience in leadership coaching and team effectiveness
- Experience working in a Human Resources function with a shared service delivery and strategic business partner model
- Experience and comfort in working in a matrix environment, across multiple geographies
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Travel up to 10%
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or demonstrated equivalency (e.g., certifications)
- Experience supporting a technology function in a human resources generalist role
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Assoc Director, Human Capital Partner, Optum Tech, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota