Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY –
Supervises, leads, and coaches teams across a department or subgroup of IT of at least 2 full-time equivalent associates. Supervises processes and procedures using appropriate project management techniques, including documentation and data verification controls. Executes and enforces consistent processes for development. Assists in the development, monitoring and managing of the team budget. Develops and maintains project plans, including resource assignments, risks and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Sets daily priorities and assign tasks and projects to all team members.
- Following department procedures, consults with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts, Development Managers, and business representatives to provide accurate LOEs and risk for pending and approved projects to provide appropriate resource allocation for projects.
- Responsible for managing the performance and development of associates reporting to them:
- Monitors performance and develops team members to ensure consistent, effective and efficient processes, as well as comprehensive test plans and reliable test results.
- Provides ongoing coaching to associates.
- Prepares and delivers associate quarterly and annual performance reviews, including performance metrics for each performance objective.
- Conducts employment interviews and makes hiring decisions and participates in corrective action and termination discussions and decisions.
- Monitors work or request queues and assigns work as required
- Estimates project hours and resources required.
- Manages project work plan and resources.
- Analyzes product changes and provides direction where needed.
- Participates in all phases of the product life cycle. Monitors and provides periodic status updates on each project.
- Develops status reports and updates management with progress as necessary.
- Supports other managers in product and technology management.
- Assists in developing budgeting process and manages budgets for the group.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- Typically 3+ years experience managing projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Supervisory/management experience in a technical environment.