BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Associate Membership Specialist is responsible for both driving and supporting Member Acquisition goals, the most important of those goals being Membership Fee Income and New Member metrics. This role will both take full ownership of certain Member Acquisition Marketing campaigns as well as provide critical support for larger campaigns. This position reports to the Member Acquisition Manager.
The Associate Membership Specialist will primarily support the Military, Refer-A-Friend Membership programs, other Membership promotions and will have responsibility for key aspects of the day to day execution of campaigns. This individual will work cross-functionally with creative, analytics, legal and other teams in order to bring campaigns to life, achieve goals and ensure campaigns stay on track and within budget.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assists Member Acquisition Manager with the conceptualization, design communication to creative and execution of BJ’s Member Acquisition programs
- Manages Membership Acquisition Promotions, including (but not limited to), maintaining schedules, setting up jobs in Workflow, writing creative briefs, creating reservation forms for coupons, creating market code requests, producing club communication and instructions, proofing creative work, and managing project cost
- Reports Membership results on a weekly/monthly basis
- Researches and investigates new channels of communication to non-member households, with the purpose of extending BJ’s Membership message reach, while maximizing cost/new paid member
What you bring:
- Minimum education: Associates Degree in related field
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Management or related subject
- 2-5 years experience in a retail marketing role
- Must be able to work well both individually and in a team setting
- Positive attitude with a willingness to work on projects beyond your immediate scope of responsibility
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to learn
- Must be a motivated, self starter willing to take on additional projects and responsibilities when required
- Open minded with a willingness to innovate with risk and be open to change
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to build productive relationships with cross functional partners
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.