BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Associate AR Specialist
The responsibility of the Associate Accounts Receivable Specialist is to process various types of receivables, completing account reconciliations, along with reporting and analysis to Senior Management. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all receivable forms are reviewed properly, approved by the vendor and management, and are properly coded prior to setting up the receivable
- Follow up on all receivables over 30 days from the aging report
- Deduct past due receivables where appropriate, contact vendors for status of non-deductible receivables, and recommend reserves when necessary. Prepare monthly memos to Finance, Merchandise Management, and Merchants regarding status
- Work with Burris to collect on our 3rd party receivable balances
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly schedules and analysis to be distributed to senior management for review
- Analyze and contact vendors and merchants regarding any unidentifiable checks and credit memos or any under applied balances so that we can collect balances owed to us
- Apply checks and credit memos to the appropriate receivables in the AR system
- Handle any vendor correspondence
- Provide vendor back-up when requested so that vendors can provide payments for open receivables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years Office Experience
- 1-2 years as Staff Accountant
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.