Do you like the idea of tracking and effectively managing risk? As a key member of the actuarial department, you will support UnitedHealth Group's growth and financial goals and help rewrite the company's history. In your role as an Associate Actuarial Analyst, you will be supported and encouraged to use your actuarial expertise to change the future of health care. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Perform periodic analysis of the company's projected experience by line of business versus manual rates to determine supportable pricing actions
- Prepare and submit rate filings to State and Federal regulators as applicable and secure rate approvals from regulators
- Develop pricing of new products and/or plan changes using the company’s proprietary medical and pharmacy benefit pricing tools
- Perform rate implementation with rating factor changes and perform required testing to ensure rating factors are loaded properly
- Perform and evaluate Market competitive studies
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling that provides management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Building relationships with business partners and Health Plan
- Perform revenue projection and determine reasonability of Forecast BCR
Participate in the UHC Actuarial Leadership Development Program (ALDP). There are numerous Actuarial roles within UnitedHealthcare. Participants will rotate periodically into new Actuarial roles as part of the Actuarial development process.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics or a related degree
- Must be on the actuarial exam track, having passed 1 or more exams
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Healthcare related experience
- Experience working in corporate environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate complex information
- Ability to quickly learn and effectively use computer software tools and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with MS Access or SAS
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Raising our game in actuarial science will help UnitedHealth Group maintain our leadership for years to come. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Actuarial Analyst, Associate Actuarial Analyst, Actuary, Cypress, CA