DescriptionThe Associate Actuary, Assumptions Formulary and Analysis will be responsible for developing and maintaining: actuarial models used to create Medicare Part D cost and use assumptions, analysis tools to assess member profitability and aid in formulary strategy, ensure bid compliance with CMS formulary requirements as well as supporting product strategy through various actuarial analyses.
The Associate Actuary role in this position will include the following main responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain actuarial models which support various trend assumptions along with tools to identify drivers of actual to expected variance.
· Build and maintain tools which derive insight from claims data to aid in directing formulary strategy -- assess profitability of various drug and therapeutic classes, population demographics, etc.
· Collaborating with clinical and trade partners to assess and model changes to the Part D landscape -- quantifying impacts of regulatory changes to the Part D program
- Bachelor's degree
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Meets eligibility requirements for Humana's Actuarial Professional Development Program (APDP)
- Three or more years of healthcare experience
- Analytics background and intermediate SAS/SQL experience strongly preferred
- Experience in data management and process governance
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
Scheduled Weekly Hours40