BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Associate Application Development Analyst POS is responsible for providing analytical, development, and configuration support for our Toshiba 4690OS/ACE POS and CHEC Application solutions. We seek those whose ultimate goals are to contribute to moving forward with the latest technologies that POS systems are adopting such as Mobility, Digital Integration, Promotions Execution, etc.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan and manage basic projects. Also serve as a technical resource on other projects
• Configuring applications according to department standards
• Create and execute unit and system test plans, and accurately document results
• Participate in creation and execution of implementation plans
• Analyze and tune applications to improve system performance
• Recommend and perform technical evaluations of new vendor hardware and software products
• Ensure appropriate level of documentation
- At least 2 years of IT experience within a retail environment is essential
- Experience with POS technology (Registers, Self Checkout, and other peripherals).
- Strong testing and design background
- Experience in creating Technical Design documents, Technical specifications, Production supporting documents, Implementation plans, test plans and test cases
- Open systems experience preferred.
- Design experience with Toshiba 4690OS and ACE POS/CHEC applications preferred.
- Good problem solving skills are necessary
- On call rotation as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with business stakeholders in a manner that fosters an inclusive environment.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.