Department:OH1CN_86006_000 Master Degree Nursing Program
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we provide our colleagues with the support and learning opportunities they need to truly grow and thrive. This commitment to professional excellence is just one way in which we’re empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities
Job Description Details:
At Mount Carmel, we provide our colleagues with the support and learning opportunities they need to truly grow and thrive. This commitment to professional excellence is just one way in which we’re empowered to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities.
For over 100 years Mount Carmel College of Nursing has been committed to lifelong learning in the science of professional nursing. Today our commitment to learning has never been stronger, and has made us the largest private BSN program in Ohio. We’re also committed to faculty experiences and providing our educators the most innovative learning environment possible. The personal passion of our faculty to do what’s right will positively impact patient outcomes for years to come.
The Assistant Professor functions within the mission and strategic plan of Mount Carmel College of Nursing. The primary function of this position is the instruction of Mount Carmel College of Nursing students and all related activities. Teaching excellence is defined as instruction that fosters a positive teacher-student relationship; intellectually challenges the student; and demonstrates skillful techniques in the classroom, including the use of educational technology. Maintains academic records regarding the progress of students. Advises students in academic matters.
- Supervises, evaluates, and advises students in classroom, laboratory, and clinical experiences.
- Maintains student records.
- Facilitates a learning and caring environment which encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction, and respect for the uniqueness of each individual student.
- Maintains communication and oversees the activities of Assistant Instructors/Preceptors regarding course curriculum and student evaluation, if applicable.
- Participates in professional activities, programs and professional organizations.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in College and Faculty Assembly according to full-time/part-time employment status.
- Attends required College functions.
- Mentors new faculty.
- Participates in scholarly activities, either individually or collaboratively.
Requirements/Qualifications (Please note different requirements for Associate & Assistant)
Must be nationally certified as a family nurse practitioner or an acute care nurse practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required. Must have earned a terminal doctoral degree (Associate Professor)
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required. Master’s degree in appropriate discipline, doctorate preferred (Assistant Professor)
- Licensure / Certification: Must hold a current active unrestricted licensure as an RN in the State of Ohio, if applicable. CPR certification required with RN licensure, if applicable.
- Experience: A minimum of four years of full-time teaching experience in collegiate or university setting preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Documented excellence in teaching.
- Evidence of scholarly activity.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.