If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
The Associate Billing Representative - Insurance is responsible for review, follow up and collection of the Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and Commercial Insurance accounts receivables assigned by the supervisor. Responsible for all activity to client accounts such as debits, credits, re - bills, account reconciliation, price set - ups on new accounts, inter - company billing, maintaining and improving aged client accounts. This associate performs comprehensive follow up activities that facilitates cash collections. Documents follow up activity in the appropriate system.
- Work 275 invoices per week
- Will access the billing system and work assigned payer views
- Errors are to be corrected and claims re - filed including any attachments that are necessary for appeals
- Process all rejections within 10 days of receipt
- Medi / Web MD requests by the Medi / Web MD biller and provide necessary information to them to finalized claims
- Take ownership of their AR and to work independently to identify and resolve AR problems
- Communicate with all associates in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
- When necessary, bring AR problems to management’s attention with specific examples and potential solutions
- Provide input and feedback on departmental policies and procedures to management
- Analyze accounts and correspondence on a daily basis
- Work all incoming appeals
- Properly document accounts
- Review and recommend write off (Adjustments) of accounts
- Maintain issues log
- Ensure that accounts are paid at maximum reimbursement
- Work accounts according to AmeriPath’s policy and procedures
- Identifies trends within accounts
- Re - bill accounts as needed
- Reports to management all departmental issues / progress
- Maintains confidentiality of all information
- Participate in all pertinent in - house continuing education and safety training sessions
- Compliance with all State, Federal, and professional regulations as well as department rules, polices, and procedural information
- Adhere to Safety Rules
- Adhere to HIPAA Regulations
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience working with provider portals with insurance companies
- Experience with follow up on the collections with Medicare and Medicaid claims
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel to create and maintain spreadsheets
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.