Welcome to one of the toughest and most
fulfilling ways to help people, including you. We offer the latest
tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly
limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Associate Billing Representatives are responsible for ongoing account maintenance, data entry of enrollment applications, review and reconciliation of premium billing invoices and provide superior customer service to internal / external clients.
- Interact with customers through telephone, email, in person contact gathering support data to ensure invoice and enrollment accuracy
- Research and resolve enrollment, eligibility and billing discrepancies on premium invoices
- Educate customers on payment options, billing information, payment addresses, invoice due dates and clarify information contained on premium invoices and electronic services
- Reconcile discrepancies identified within customer invoices or eligibility files and ensure timely resolution
- Analyze reports against existing billing data and make appropriate changes to ensure billing accuracy
- Monitor customer account balances through researching, generating data queries and creating reports such as member audits and bills issued vs. bills paid reports
- Contact external customers regarding outstanding balances and / or unresolved discrepancies; arrange payments or resolution to reduce aging
- Coordinate with internal partners to validate and process rates and contract information to ensure they are updated accurately
- Utilize multiple reports to research, resolve, and ensure the accuracy of enrollment eligibility
- Analyze reports against existing billing / commission data and make appropriate changes to ensure accurate statement information
- Accounts payable (A / P) and Accounts Receivable (A / R)
- Ability to remain focused and productive with changing priorities and repetitive tasks
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience in customer service environment
- 6+ months of experience in account reconciliation
- 6+ months of 10 key and data entry experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (ability to create spreadsheets sort and filter data), Microsoft Word (ability to create documents use spell check functions), and Microsoft Outlook (ability to create and send email, check email, use calendar functions)
- Experience in Accounting or Bookkeeping and / or Degree in Accounting
- Experience in a health insurance environment
- Collections experience
- Siebel, Facets, Microsoft Office including Access (ability to pull reports) software experience
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
This position may require additional access approvals inclusive of extended background verifications post hire.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, United HealthGroup, LasVegas, NV, Billing Administration Representative, Billing Specialist, Billing Admin., account reconciliation, Accounting, bookkeeping