Welcome to one of the toughest and most
fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools,
most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless
opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
All of us have a short list of the things that make a job great. If your list includes being able to make a difference, count us in as your next place to work. UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 leader in health care at a time when health care is evolving for everyone. Our billing teams are part of an important chain of events that impact the lives of our members in positive ways. Join us and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This function is responsible for medical and ancillary product premium billing. Positions in this function interact with customers gathering support data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function. Educate customers regarding the availability of receiving invoices and remitting payments through online applications. Monitor outstanding balances and take appropriate actions to ensure clients pay as billed. Manage the preparation of invoices and complete reconciliation of billing with accounts receivables. May also include quality assurance and audit of billing activities.
What makes this a special challenge? For one, we want to create a quality experience for every person we serve. So the bar is high for accuracy, communications style and effectiveness. You'll need to be researching and resolving problems before, during and after calls within a high volume, demanding environment.
Positions mainly responsible for more general A/R activities which do not include medical and ancillary premium billing activities can be found in the Accounts Receivable function in the Finance job family. *Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Assist customers with payment processing, invoice explanation, payment due dates and billing questions
- Create documentation for external customers and payers in regard to premium balances as well as billing statements
- Contact customers by phone or in writing to verify data, apprise of billing issues as well as assist with resolution for outstanding balances
- Maintain timely, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions
- Maintain payment status and billing records through corrections and adjustments
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standard
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Healthcare Billing / Healthcare Collection experience
- Available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site (6:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday)
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Associate Billing Representative, Pomona, Reconciliation, Accounts Receivable