You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We can offer you just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true when you join us as an Associate Claims Representative. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is relentlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Whether you have prior experience or not, we’ll provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all of our Claims team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference, grow your career and do your life’s best work. (SM)
As an Associate Claims Representative you’ll be responsible for analyzing complex healthcare claims that require research to determine action steps and mathematical calculations necessary to produce accurate payment. The claims position requires a high level of quality which is to be maintained while achieving a productivity goal. You’ll put your skills and talents to work as you review, research, and process medical claims. It’s complex, detailed work. It’s a fast-paced challenge. It’s a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. To put it mildly, there is never a dull moment
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours (6:00am to 6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 3803 North Elm Street, Greensboro, NC, 27455.
To learn even more about this position, click here to watch a short video about the job: http://uhg.hr/UHC-ClaimsRep
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Review, research, analyze and process complex healthcare claims by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms and accurately capturing the data/information for processing (e.g. verify pricing, prior authorizations, applicable benefits)
- Ensure that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate tools, processes and procedures (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/ certificates tool)
- Complete data entry for all daily documentation and communicate the status of claims adhering to reporting requirements
- Communicate through correspondence with members and providers regarding claim payment or required information using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Learn and leverage new systems and training resources to help apply claims processes/procedures appropriately (e.g. on-line training classes, coaches/mentors)
- Meet and maintain the performance goals established for the position in the areas of quality, production and attendance
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR equivalent years of work experience
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- 1+ year experience processing medical, dental, prescription or mental health claims
Making claims a positive experience for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical claims, healthcare claims, claims representative, claims rep, claims processing, claims processor; UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthare, training class, office, clerical, customer service