Be part of our next training class and begin your new career. Apply today!
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We can offer you just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true when you join us as an Associate Claims Representative. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Whether you have prior experience or not, we’ll provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all of our Claims team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference, grow your career and do your life’s best work. (SM)
As an Associate Claims Representative, you’ll be responsible for
handling incoming healthcare claims ensuring a high level of customer service
and maximizing productivity by processing claims accurately, the first time.
You’ll put your skills and talents to work as you review, research, and process
medical claims. It's complex, detailed work. It's a fast-paced challenge. It's a
job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and
customer-focused. To put it mildly, there is never a dull moment.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday-Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (6:00am to 6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 505 Boices Lane, Kingston, NY 12401.
To learn even more about this position, click here to watch a short video about the job: http://uhg.hr/UHC-ClaimsRep
- Review and research assigned claims by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms and accurately capturing the data/information necessary for processing (e.g. verify pricing, prior authorizations, applicable benefits)
- Ensure that the proper benefits are applied to each claim by using the appropriate processes and procedures (e.g. claims processing policies and procedures, grievance procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/ certificates)
- Learn and leverages new systems and training resources to help apply claims processes/procedures appropriately (e.g. on-line training classes, coaches/mentors)
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, quality, member satisfaction and attendance
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, etc.)
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Consistent attendance with ability to meet work schedule including the required training period
- Successful completion of the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrated proficiency required
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (I.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical claims, healthcare claims, claims representative, claims rep, claims processing, claims processor; UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth care, training, classes