Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we'll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have a chance to make an impact.
- Manage the intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and/or providers
- Manage the referral process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Provide appropriate triage and care coordination notification cases for non-clinical assessment/intervention
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers
This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
HS Diploma or GED
1+ year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
Must be able to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
Must be able to type and talk at the same time and navigate through multiple screens
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
- Call center experience
- Experience working in a metric-driven work environment
Ready to answer the call? Take this opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The NAMM California provider clients represent a network of almost 600 primary care physicians and over 3,000 specialists and work with the premier hospitals in their respective markets.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.