Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Associate Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high - quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
Responsible for facilitating Independent Medical Exam appointments for Injured Parties for our Auto Injury Management Department (IP).
- Schedules appointments for IP with Independent Medical Examiners (IME) within 5 calendar days from the date of the assignment
- Handles an approximate caseload of 105-110 IME files
- Ensures IME appointments are scheduled to occur within 21 calendar days from the date of the assignment
- Facilitates and documents all actions taken on any file including, but not limited to, cancellation and rescheduling IME Appointments as requested or directed by the client, the IP or the IPs representative
- Responds promptly to inquiries or requests verbally or in writing with regard to the IME file including, but not limited to, attorneys, IPs, clients or any AIMS department employee
- Coordinates client approved transportation in accordance with departmental policy and procedures
- Ensures appointment notification letters are generated accurately and timely in accordance with departmental policy and procedures
- Ensures all medical records are complete, free from duplications, in appropriate chronological order from the date of injury to present when sent to the IME Provider
- Promptly contacts IME providers when we have not received the timely IME reports in accordance with the departmental policy, standards and procedures
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and completeness of the IME reports prior to processing these reports and promptly takes action to resolve any discrepancies in order to ensure timeliness
- Properly identifies and submits Provider Grievances in accordance with the department policy and procedures
- Properly and accurately processes all incoming mail the same business day received
- Confirms and documents that all served parties received all IME notification letters and / or medical records in accordance with the departmental policy and procedures
- Sends out and secures back from all Non - Contracted IME Providers a signed fee agreement prior to the IME Appointment date in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Ensures all IME provider invoices are billed at the agreed upon and / or contracted rates and promptly resolves any discrepancies by facilitating and securing the corrected invoice
- Properly processes requests / approvals for any IME fee which are in excess of any Customers agreed upon rates
- Accurately processes IME internal prepayment requests
- Communicates contracted IME provider updates / changes and submits IME recruitment requests per departmental policy and procedures to ensure the quality of our contracted Review Services Provider database
- Facilitates IME Addendums at the direction of the Account or their representative, Case Manager or Management team
- Acts as preceptor for IME Coordinators as directed by Management, if requested
- Works with the AIMS team to facilitate additional medical necessity issues that may arise after the IME assignment, prior to and after the IME appointment has occurred
- Ensures confidentiality and maintains accurate files and notepad entries
- Adheres to cost savings measures and departmental and company - wide Quality Assurance programs
- Adheres to statutory regulations, HIPAA compliance, account protocols and department policy and procedures
- Performs other Review Services department duties as assigned
- Maintains the integrity of RMS system at all times and adheres to all electronic paperless workflows
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience using a computer
- Experience editing, sending, and proofreading within Microsoft Word
- Ability to send and receive emails, update the calendar, create tasks, and create folders within Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to type at least 45+ WPM
- Any Customer Service experience
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Experience in an office setting using a telephone and computer to perform job duties
- Experience sorting and filtering within Microsoft Excel
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Associate Clinical Administrative Coordinator, Norristown, PA, Word, Excel, Outlook, customer service