isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding
replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial
constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations
continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what
fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Responsible for the review, follow - up and collection of third - party accounts
- Ensure adherence to department workflow policies and procedures, and identify process improvements in efficiency and quality
- Follow assigned payer (third - party payers) guidelines when processing an appeal, reopening, or written inquiry
- Keep up with assigned third - party payer plan coverage and changes
- Properly document accounts
- Review and recommend write off (adjustments) of accounts
- Issue refunds with appropriate documentation
- Maintain Issue log
- Responsible for reporting problems and error to management in an effective and efficient manner
- Attend and participates in departmental staff meetings
- Maintain productivity standards as set by management
- Maintain quality standards as set by management
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of medical billing experience
- Thorough understanding of third - party payers
- Ability to work 40 hours a week (8 hr shift) Mon - Fri between the business hours of 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 2+ years of billing collections experience
- Citrix centricity experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, work within tables, vlookups, pivot tables, utilize formulas), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing; Collections, Addison, Optum360, Third - Party