Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing
more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new
challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and
Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their
evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Follow up on assigned insurance accounts
- Make outgoing insurance calls on accounts
- Notify Management of any issues or concerns that may arise
- Responsible for insurance premium collections
- Contact insurance companies to determine reason for payment delinquency
- Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue claims and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments
- Handle unresolved inquiries / issues
- Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices
- Submit written appeals to payers to overcome denials
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of medical collections experience
- Ability to create and modify spreadsheets, documents, and emails within Microsoft Office including Excel (create, save, and send spreadsheets), Word (create, save, and send documents), and Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Understanding of the following medical terminology / processes: modifiers, CPT codes, ICD-10, deductible, co-insurance
- Must live within a commutable distance to work in the office located at 100 Midland Ave., Port Chester, NY 10573
- Experience with medical lab collections
- Experience working with Blue Cross Blue Shield
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical collections, accounts receivable, BCBS, medical lab collections, modifiers, CPT codes, ICD-10, deductible, co-insurance