Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Works on the most complex compensation projects. Independently drives and completes the projects with little to no oversight
- Work with the leadership in Compensation to proactively identify value added compensation initiatives.
- Independently leads mergers and acquisition efforts to include due diligence and integration activities
- Responsible for physician compensation project work including: design, consulting, implementation and administration of physician compensation programs, assemble compensation packages, analytic support of physician compensation programs.
- Provide recommendations on compensation model and metrics that incents physician productivity and performance and aligns with the organizational and financial objectives of the business
- Act as an internal and external consultant to the business, responsible for building strong relationships with leaders of each business to ensure effective compensation solutions and strengthen engagement
- Works directly with Human Capital Partners on complex field initiated projects to drive business results, generally with no oversight.
- Evaluates new jobs for appropriate title and grade, typically at the manager and director levels.
- Remain abreast of best practices and thought in the compensation field.
- Assist in the design of new and/or revised incentive or reward and recognition programs
- Work with leadership in Compensation to lead annual common review process, including planning, communications, analysis and mgmt of key process areas
- Design and deliver training to managers, Human Capital partners and associates
- BA/BS degree in Business or Human Resources related field or equivalent compensation experience.
- Minimum 8+ years (5 years if a Master’s Degree) of compensation experience, including experience with analysis and understanding of physician practice metrics. Includes business acumen and an understanding of physician practices.
- Specific technical expertise in compensation theory and best practices
- Intermediate with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex and longer term projects to completion
- Strong history of quickly building relationships and gaining credibility with human capital and business sr. management.
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience working in human resources shared service delivery model strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead and work effectively within teams and across the organization.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor others
- Experience working in a matrix environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or comparable ERP System.
- Professional certifications, such as CCP a plus
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Care Delivery, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, telecommute, work from home, remote