Scholastic is seeking Associate Data Analysts and Data Engineers to provide data-driven insights and execute recommendations as part of the Analytics and Data Engineering teams. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, passionate about hypothesis-driven problem-solving, and excellent at developing data solutions. The role serves a range of functions across Scholastic’s businesses, covering financial analysis, customer analytics, data engineering, web analytics, and analysis of offline activities.
The candidate's individual strength and skill set will determine whether the position is a Data analyst or a Data engineer.
• Manage enterprise data across Scholastic's business units
• Interface with other developers, product owners and business analysts to understand data needs
• Develop and maintain Scholastic's data infrastructure to drive efficient and reliable processes
• Identify opportunities to improve Scholastic operations and its supply chain
• Utilize data to analyze the effectiveness of Scholastic’s marketing efforts across channels
• Generate insights and recommendations that are aligned with business realities and Scholastic’s mission and vision
• Develop dashboards and improve reporting measures
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Undergraduate/Graduate degree in business, computer science, math, engineering or other quantitative disciplines
• Strong SQL skills for purposes of data extraction, transformation, cleaning and analysis
• Ability to collaborate with data and software engineers as well as non-technical business owners
• Exceptional problem-solving ability, logical reasoning, creative thinking and quantitative aptitude
• Strong Excel, SAS, R or Python skills in analysis, statistics and charting
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Familiarity with BI and data visualization tools like Tableau and Looker
• Familiarity with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics (a.k.a. Omniture)
• Experience in Python, Scala or Java is a plus
• Experience using big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive and Spark is a plus
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 98-year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at Scholastic.com/AboutScholastic.
About the Associate Program
Scholastic’s Technology Associate Program is designed to identify, train, and promote the next generation of leaders. Each new-hire class receives comprehensive training and is quickly given responsibility to deliver on business goals using industry-leading tools, partners, and technology – all while working in an agile, iterative model that emphasizes collaboration, transparency, and goal-oriented development.