PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is critical to understanding drivers of Arby's current and future business performance in order to develop strategies and recommendations.
This role will help own and iterate different sales, operations, marketing, and financial forecasting models using different existing datasets. I.e., how much of Arby's sales performance is impacted by variables such as media spend, promotions, competitive data, year-on-year trends, external variables, and macroeconomic factors. This role will also own the modeling and forecasting of additional key business metrics.
The outputs from these models will be used to develop business strategies and recommendations.
- Statistical modeling -- develop models to describe the relationship between any business-relevant independent and dependent variables
- Sales forecast development - analyze all available existing data sets to determine which variables are more predictive of Arby's sales performance
- Identification of opportunities for process improvement and innovative solutions to business challenges
- Data cleansing/processing -- work with IT to create automated processes to ingest and cleanse data from multiple data sources and vendors
- Data management -- work with IT to develop and maintain databases that support marketing and sales analysis
Required Minimum: A bachelor's degree or graduate degree, in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
Required Minimum: 1-3 years of practical experience with data mining and analytics, database structure and ETL, predictive modeling, machine learning, and statistical programming languages
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Deep expertise with statistical programming languages (e.g., R, python), database querying (SQL), and machine learning
- Expertise with fundamental statistical analysis
- Prior experience with non-theoretical "messy" datasets, i.e., datasets with missing values, inconsistent formatting, etc.
- Ability to solve problems using data and clearly communicate the results
- Personal integrity, humility, an appreciation for the power of true teamwork, and a sense of humor
- Passion for the restaurant industry and desire to train in our restaurants to learn operations. A strong desire to help shape the future at Arby's
- Minimal travel required